Dallas, TX — Impact Ventures is seeking a Full-time or Part-time Plus Development & Grants Manager to join our team of dynamic professionals. This position will report directly to the CEO/E.D. and be responsible for executing all fundraising and development strategies and objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
In partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development & Grants Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and executing the overall strategy of fundraising, communication, special events, public relations, and donor engagement. Activities to ensure success include executing a continuous donor engagement and communications strategies, identifying and securing sponsorships and supporting a robust foundation grant revenue pipeline. This position will work closely with the ED, Impact Ventures board and external committees to successful implement and execute fundraising strategies, events and marketing efforts. Some evening and weekend commitments are required.
Here’s who were looking for:
- You have three to five years of progressive, verifiable fundraising experience.
- You’ve mastered Microsoft Office Suite
- You’re an excellent communicator; oral and written
- You’re energetic, outgoing, organized, detailed and creative
- You’re a detailed planner and love reaching your goals
- You thrive when helping others – you want your work to mean more than just showing up every day
- You enjoy being part of a team and motivate your team to be their best
- You have a passion and drive to make Dallas a better place for all
- GRANTS MANAGEMENT
- Write, organize, edit, and submit grant applications in accordance with grantor requirements and deadlines, and monitors and tracks status of proposals.
- Completes annual competitive and non-competitive renewal applications for funding.
- Research foundation and public opportunities that align with the organization’s mission and impact to with the funder respective priorities. This includes monitoring local, state, federal, and private announcements to keep well informed of funding opportunities.
- Assemble all pertinent grant material necessary for final submission and develops proposal budgets in partnership with program services and accounting.
- Develop and maintain the Impact Ventures calendar of grant-related deadlines, tracks necessary actions, and coordinates timelines with staff as needed.
- Write and submit all required grant reports and sponsorship reports to demonstrate impact to our donors, investors and stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of data, research, statistics, and information about issues, trends and community needs relating to target populations and program services.
- Work collaboratively with program team to obtain information needed for proposals and reports.
- Develop and maintain case for giving and impact of giving to philanthropic priorities of Impact Ventures including written materials and current relevant statistics for proposals and stewardship.
- FUNDRAISING AND SPECIAL EVENTS
- In collaboration with the ED, implement a continuous donor engagement plan designed to achieve growth over previous years
- Support a robust foundation submission pipeline
- Manage portfolio of individual donors
- Maintain accurate records in organization database, Salesforce
- Plan, coordinate and execute events, including 3rd-party partner fundraising events.
- Identify and solicit event sponsors, financial and in-kind
- Develop and adhere to event budgets
- Manage logistics to ensure successful day-of event experience for partners and participants
- COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS:
- Manage annual communication campaigns to donors and volunteers
- Promote and market events to increase participation
- Assist in the development of the annual Impact Report
- Create strong presence for Impact Ventures locally through public speaking, community involvement, special events and other media initiatives
- Create and distribute press releases to media for events or fundraising initiatives as appropriate
- Collaborate with Program staff on Monthly e-newsletter
- Collaborate with Executive Director on donor stewardship e-newsletter
- Submit monthly website updates, including event listings, promotions, sponsor listings and awareness articles
- Manage solicitation and stewardship processes for donors as assigned, including tracking relevant information, processing gifts, and sending thank you letters
- Maintain and update the donor tracking system.
- Manage local matching gifts process and serves as relationship manager for partner corporations
- Develop and maintain an efficient system for tracking information regarding event benchmarks, revenue/expenses to-date, task designation, and other logistics – provides regular progress reports to Executive Director
- 3 – 5 years of development experience and event coordination and working with private foundation, family foundation, and/or corporate foundation grant writing and grant management.
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to fundraising and philanthropy
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal) necessary in order to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, high level donors, and staff
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, in addition to Salesforce and other relative fundraising software
- Innate ability to work steadily and calmly in high pressure situations
- Initiative, follow-through, sound and accurate judgment in decision-making process; ensure timely decisions are made
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately
- Passionate about our mission and embrace our core values, demonstrating an eagerness to learn, assume accountability, work enthusiastically across all departments and show flexibility in response to process change
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, and occasional local travel required
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE
- Salary Full-Time / Part-Time Plus (Independent Contractor)
- Contract Duration: 6 Months / Contract to Hire
- Salary: $51,000 – $64,000 based on experience
Impact Ventures is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, candidates should complete our job application that can be found here or on our website at https://impact-ventures.co/get-involved/#careers and email a copy of complete job application, background verification form, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org