Micro Small Business Loans
Do you have a great business idea, but find yourself short on cash to get your venture off the ground? The Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Kiva Hub at powered by Impact Ventures is here to help.
Impact Ventures provides tools for businesses to learn about ethical behavior and how to build stronger, more trustworthy relationships with customers. But first, a business needs the right resources to get going. Through the support of the Dell Foundation, Impact Ventures has partnered with Kiva to help entrepreneurs in Dallas-Fort Worth boost their businesses with access to affordable small business loans through the DFW Kiva Hub.
Kiva is the world’s first personal, micro-lending platform that enables everyday people to crowdfund loans for entrepreneurs so they can turn their business idea into a reality. The best part? Zero interest, zero fees.
Bridging the Gap for the Underserved
Women and minority business owners are among the most economically underserved entrepreneurs. Even with the next great idea in hand, roadblocks impede their way to secure startup costs from banks or other financial institutions.
The DFW Kiva Hub will bridge that gap and provide access to small business loans. The DFW Kiva Hub will guide entrepreneurs through the process of applying for and crowdfunding the affordable capital needed to start and grow their businesses.
How to qualify:
- You and your business must be based in the United States.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must be using the loan for business purposes.
- Your business must not be engaged in any of the following activities: multi-level marketing/direct sales; illegal activities (e.g. gambling, scams, etc.); vice industries (e.g. drug related, adult entertainment, etc.) or pure financial investing (e.g. stocks).
- You cannot currently be in foreclosure, bankruptcy, or under any liens.
- You must be willing to demonstrate your social capital by having a small number of your friends and family make a contribution to your loan request.
** Please note pre-eligibility requirements and policies are set by Kiva Organization**
- Gather Your Basic Financial Information
- Have a Business Plan
- Determine What Loan Amount You Are Applying For
- Tell Your Story
- Link Your Social Media Accounts
- Begin Gathering A Support Network and Fundraising
- Be Responsive to Kiva
- Get Local Support
- Start Your Kiva Application!
Apply for Kiva Loan
Stay up to date with news, events, and exclusive stories.