The Impact Venture’s LEAP (Local Entrepreneurs Accelerator Program) is an 12-week 100% virtual program designed for early-stage small businesses led by women and BIPOC founders.
This program focuses on improving the capacity of existing small businesses with the opportunity to create local living wage jobs, increase access to capital, and stimulate the local North Texas economy.
The program is structured to fit full-time founders while offering a flexible virtual class structure, and maintaining quality education, community building, access to high-level mentorship and professional networks, and access to capital.
Founders participate in peer-to-peer accountability groups, assigned a dedicated growth advisor, and access to network of mentors, coaches, and our affiliate service providers. Founders also participate in group pitch sessions, weekly online learning modules focused on revenue optimization, sales, customer acquisition, team building, and fundraising/capital acquisition, along with weekly deliverable through in-market sprints, and milestone planning.
Our rigorous training and development program is designed to remove barriers and close equity gaps in access to:
- Knowledge Capital – Quality skills training and business education combined with expert-level mentorship and coaching
- Social Capital – Access to high-level professional networks to help support the development of entrepreneurial talent and ventures.
- Financial Capital – Access to Impact Ventures capital partner network, capital match-making services, and Inclusive Capital Fund Pipeline.
We accept applications to our Accelerator Programs year-round, on a rolling basis.
Our next Accelerator, Spring 2022 will take place from March 26 to June 23, 2022.
Process To Apply:
1. Attend one of our monthly Accelerate U Information Sessions. You will learn more detailed qualifications, requirements, all that our program offers, as well as the process to apply to our program.
2. Participate in an upcoming Accelerate Growth Workshop. In this one-time, 2-hour workshop, you will benchmark your company objectively across 6 key categories using a business growth framework. This tool will sharpen your ability to pinpoint and prioritize key areas of your business to focus on and develop actionable milestones to take your company to the next level. This framework serves as the foundation from which our highly effective Accelerator Program is built upon.
3. Apply for the Upcoming Accelerator. After your participation in the Accelerate Growth Workshop, companies are invited to apply to the upcoming Accelerator program.
Note: you must attend one of the Accelerate U Info Sessions to enter the above program application pipeline.
Sign Up Now for the next Accelerate U Information Session.
- Located in North Texas (Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, Denton and surrounding Counties)
- Women, Black, Hispanic, People of color, LGBTQ, or Veterans
- Must be for profit
- Must be growth oriented (employer firms, B2B, B2G, models): scalable small businesses, consumer products or goods
- Early-stage (post rev/early adopters, at least $100k+ annual revenue)
- Growth (product market fit, $250k+ annual revenue)
- Industry: Agnostic
Technical Assistance: We provide program participants technical assistance services both directly or indirectly through our preferred service providers in the areas of: business continuity planning, business model validation, loan application preparing/matchmaking, mentoring, financial management, credit training, legal support, accounting, marketing design, sales & business development, web development, product development, technology integration/enhancement.
Dedicated Mentors: Dedicated Mentors commit 1-2 hours per week to the growth and development of participating ventures. Through a collaborative process, Lead Mentors assist Startup Ventures in developing individualized action plans using proven startup assessment tools and assist in setting and achieving milestones during and after the program.
Pro Bono Professionals/Corporate Partners: Startup Ventures receive access from a robust network of seasoned professionals, market executives, and vendor opportunities through our corporate partner network.
SME Mentor Office Hours: Startup Ventures expand their networks with weekly opportunities to meet with 50+ influencers, executives, investors, technical specialist, and business leaders.
Use of the Impact Ventures Office Space HQ at GoodWork: **Due to current health and safety precautions this program will be 100% until further notice**
Peer Evaluation/Learning: An important component of the program is building a support network of like-minded entrepreneurs. Startup Ventures learn from one another, find solutions, and share challenges, resources, and successes. Startup ventures participate in weekly networking events, investor dinners, hack sessions, online webinars, and more.
The Impact Program Staff: We are an experienced team of entrepreneurs, startup consultants, and investment professionals here to ensure your success by providing technical assistance in various areas of business management and making timely connections with potential clients, investors, procurement officers, policymakers, government officials, and mentors.
Increased Visibility: Impact Ventures helps increase Startup Ventures’ visibility through special events, cohort roadshow to SXSW, media referrals, featured articles in publications, as well as our Website/Medium Blog, and Podcast.
Business Perks: Through The Village Affiliate Network, we provide affordable business support services, perks, and discounts to participants via our network partners. (Marketing & Branding, Legal, Tax/Accounting, HR, etc.)
**Some services may require additional cost**
Our Spring 2022 Accelerator will take place from March 26 – June 23, 2022.
- Tuesday afternoon 11am – 1pm
- Thursday afternoon 11am – 1pm
- Saturday morning 10am – 12pm
MENTOR/STAFF OFFICE HOURS
- Weekly, subject to availability
Stay up to date with news, events, and exclusive stories.